Monday, September 14, 2009

"Go Fish" - SOLD

    


























Acrylic   24"x48"   Stretched Canvas

This is one of the largest paintings I've done lately. I just picked it up this afternoon from a show it was in at the Hjemkomst Center in Moorhead, MN so I thought I'd post it today.

This is for all the fishermen in my family...you know who you are. You're the ones who can thank Grandpa or the uncles (and aunts!) or your dad for teaching you how to stick a worm on your hook or how to tie that knot so you wouldn't lose your favorite spinner. There's no rhyme or reason to the lures I picked for this painting. I just liked the colors and reflections and those little eyes looking back at me. It reminds me of the tangle you might find in some tackle boxes and it speaks of the eternal optimism of fishermen everywhere who think, "If this one doesn't get a nibble, another color or shape or size surely will."

The title can mean either "Go forth and fish." ...or...
"Go, you fish!!! This is a trap! Don't fall for it!" ...You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment