Monday, April 5, 2010

"Shadows, Early Spring"














Acrylic  6"x8"  Canvas Board















I did this little painting of the view from Mom's deck Saturday afternoon as the sun was sinking low in the western sky. I only had about an hour before the light changed too drastically to continue. It's the same view as the summer version I posted awhile ago called "Sun and Shade." I'm including that one here, too, so you can compare them. She's got this great view through the trees of the far-off rim of the valley. The white accents in the center of the spring painting are the downtown buildings you can also glimpse through the trees. This was a very quick study, but with every painting I do outdoors, I think I get a little more confident about how to begin and what to leave out and when to stop. And it's just a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment