Friday, May 7, 2010

"Stripes 2"

Oil  6"x8"  Canvas Board 

Well, this is what happens when you give in to the temptation to touch up one little thing in a painting that was otherwise finished. I ended up spending part of every evening this week on the painting, trying to get back to what I liked about the original version, posted last Sunday. But, I decided to persevere and try to learn something in the process of solving all the problems I created. I figured I didn't have much to lose. Finally, last night, I vowed to not touch it again with a paintbrush except to sign it. Even as I write this, I'm valiantly trying to keep that promise to myself. It seems like some paintings almost paint themselves. Some, like this one, take a lot out of us. But, in the end, I actually like it quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment