Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"Who Are You Calling Fat?"

 

18"x 24"     Acrylic     Gallery Wrapped Canvas

This painting is my entry in a local show in which all the artwork is supposed to fit the theme "Label." I went through so many ideas before arriving at this one. At first, I thought I should do something really deep, making a statement about how people end up with labels, maybe explore political or social issues. But, hey...I'm just not that deep, and my art leans more toward playful and "feel good." This piece is definitely not deep, though it is "weighty." Without the title, this one wouldn't make much sense. But, once the title popped into my head, these items seemed like obvious choices to address the "fat" label that nobody deserves...least of all, the skinny little cookie cutter pig in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment