Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Palette

DSCF3486

Before I started painting today, I cleaned all the dried up oil paint off my palette and squeezed out new. It looked so delightful, I just had to take a picture of it. I probably use too many colors, especially when I have to carry all these tubes of paint in my backpack and hike somewhere to paint. There are advantages to limiting your palette, but this works for me right now. The colors from the lower left to right are: titanium white, burnt sienna, raw sienna, lemon yellow, cadmium yellow light, cadmium yellow medium, cadmium orange, cadmium red light, permanent rose, dioxazine purple, ultramarine blue, cobalt blue, cerulean blue, permanent green light, and viridian green. No black…I can get a much richer black mixing burnt sienna and ultramarine. I keep a razor blade handy to scrape off the mixing area when I run out of room. Just looking at these fresh colors makes me want to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment