Saturday, August 28, 2010

“Woodland Path” - SOLD

path

Oil 6”x8” Canvas Board

A great place to paint is Buffalo River State Park in Minnesota…not too far from Fargo…easy to run over there for 2 or 3 hours. There are river views and prairie views and paths like this one that make you want to slather on the insect repellant and follow it to see where it goes. The tree in the foreground was glowing in the midday sun against the dark, mysterious shadows in the background. Right at the spot where I set up to paint this scene, there were at least 4 or 5 other great possibilities for paintings. My plan was to do quick studies, spending about a half hour on each one, and have several little “sketchy” unfinished paintings. But I got so wrapped up in this one, I had to stick with it and finish it and I’m glad I did. It will always remind me of my last day of summer vacation, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment